1. Jump + submerge. Jump in from poolside and submerge.
2. P&G under the water. Sink underwater, push away from wall and maintain a streamlined position along the bottom.
3. P&G Front to Back. Push and glide on the front with arms extended and log roll onto the back.
4. P&G Back to Front. Push and glide on the back with arms extended and log roll onto the front.
5. Kick 10m Frontcrawl side breathing with float. Push and glide on front in Superman position, looking down. Blow bubbles with the nose and roll to the side to take some air. Ear on the arm that holding the float.
6. ZIG ZAG swimming Front and/or Back. Have the ability to change directions whiles you swimming using BAL (Body, Arms, Legs). Mind the head during the backstroke swim!
7. Tuck roll Front to Back to Stand. Perform a tuck to rotate from a flat floating position on the front, to a back floating position, then return to standing without support.
8. Tuck roll Back to Front to Stand. Perform a tuck to rotate from a flat floating position on the back, to a front floating position, then return to standing without support.
9. 5m Front tuck roll to Back. Travel 5 meters on the front, perform a tuck to rotate onto the back and return on the back.
10. Stationary floating position for 20 seconds. Demonstrate stationary floating position for 20 seconds NO kicking. Neck has to be relaxed. Sculling and rolling front to back/back to front is allowed.
11. Water safety messages and actions. Always swim in a safe place / Always swim with an adult / If you fall in, float, breathe, relax / If someone else in trouble, throw them big float or safety ring and shout for help+ call 999/112.
12. P&G + kick 10m Back Push and glide and travel 10 metres on the back using legs action only.
13. P&G + kick 10m Front. Push and glide and travel 10 metres on the front using leg action only. Roll to the back to take air and continue on the front.
14. Frontcrawl arms + float + breath to the side. Swim 10 m Frontcrawl arms catch up with equipment or teachers support. 2-4 strokes + breathing to the side (superman), straight arm recovery to encourage working from the shoulder.
15. 10 m Back + arms. Demonstrate 10 m Backstroke catch up with arms meeting at the hips. Little finger going in the water first (cup of tea drill).
16. Eyes opened under the water+ NO goggles. Ask kids to pick up objects or to count how many fingers you are showing them to make sure they are opening their eyes under the water.
17. Exit the water without using steps.