1. To enter from sitting position. Enter shallow water from sitting position ‘sit and swivel’, without the use of steps or support.
2. Jump in from pool side safely. Check the suitable water depth. Toes on the edge at all times. Provide support if needed.
3. 3x times rhythmical Bubbles (3-5 sec face IN). Blow bubbles 3-5 sec a minimum of three times rhythmically, with nose and mouth submerged.
4. Mushroom float NO support. Mushroom float for a minimum of 5 seconds. No support.
5. Star float Back + Front (NO support) Move from a flat floating position on the back and front (10 sec floating) and return to standing without support.
6. P&G Back arm down or superman. Push from a wall and glide on the back – arms can be by the side or superman or above the head but working towards above the head.
7. P&G Front arms up. Push from a wall and glide on the front with arms extended (position 11 with gap between arms).
8. Frontcrawl arms + float + breath forward. 10 m Frontcrawl arms catch up with equipment or teachers support.
2-4 strokes+ breath forward, straight arm recovery to encourage working from the shoulder.
9. Kick 5m Back. Travel using a recognized leg action with feet off the pool floor on the back for 5 metres, without the use of floatation equipment.
10. Kick 5m Front. Travel using a recognized leg action with feet off the pool floor on the front for 5 metres, without the use of floatation equipment.
11. (OP) Tuck roll Front +Back +Front (+ support). Perform a tuck to rotate from a flat floating position on the front, to a back floating position, then return to standing. And back to front as well. Can be done with the support.
12. (OP) Open eyes underwater with no goggles. Ask kids to pick up objects or to count how many fingers you are showing them to make sure they are opening their eyes under the water.
13. Fully submerge to pick up an object. Fully submerge to pick up an object (sinkers, toys, rings etc.).
14. Roll Back to Front (+ arms). Perform a roll from the back to the front (using arms if needs to but, working towards full log roll).
15. Roll Front to Back (+ arms). Perform a roll from the front to the back (using arms if needs to but, working towards full log roll).
16. Exit the water without support. Exit the water without support.